22.12.11

OUT OF THE 'NICE THINGS' VAULT

Now that I am back on the blogging bandwagon I'm going to need a little structure to keep myself motivated. Some regular features should keep me honest, I'm thinking.  On Fridays I think I'll share some of the kabillion links and clips in my 'nice things' file--a sort of lordagsgodis or 'Saturday candy' as the Swedes would say.  Other features I'm thinking of are 'Best of Toronto' to highlight some of the exciting things our fair city has to offer, also maybe one day a week I'll update on the house progress.

So without further ado, the first Out of the Nice Things Vault:

As a true textilian I am going to start with links to some extremely covetable textiles.

I'm in love with these blankets. I have fantasies about going to Swans Island and frolicking with the sheep and learning how to weave on their looms. Lucky me, I actually have one of these blankets; it was a graduation gift from my very thoughtful Mum and Dad. I use in almost every day, Anders and I often snuggle under it when we're nursing.





















2. Selvedge Drygoods
Selvedge Magazine is positively drool-worthy for anyone interested in textiles. Luckily my besty has a subscription and lets me peruse each month :) Their drygoods site has many beautiful things. Unfortunately, I don't think they ship to Canada but it's good for inspiration.




3. Vaxbo Lin
This Swedish Linen company is another favourite. Whenever we're in Sweden I look at their stuff it's a bit spendy though so I've never indulged. My Mother in Law gave their bath mat to my Mum for Christmas a few years ago and it really is a lovely thing. They use it as a dish drying mat.

4. Brahms Mount
I clipped these towels from Remodelista one time. Love love love.



5. bookhou
Canadian content :) I love everything these guys do. I bought a bib for Anders at the One of a Kind show this year at the bookhou booth.



Okeydoke...off to bed-d-by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers